Heather has issued a Wednesday challenge. This week it is to talk about the first kiss.
My first kiss wasn't really that memorable and I was mad at the guy for years for stealing what should have been a glorious moment.
I was in the 7th grade and James had moved to our school at the beginning of the year. I thought he was cute, but he was short. Whenever we were waiting for the bell to ring, I would stand on the sidewalk and he would stand on the curb, just so we could be the same height.
I think we "dated" for a few weeks. Of course "dating" in junior high was just holding hands and walking to class together. I think we hung out together before school and that was about it. I don't think we ever went anywhere together until high school.
I don't remember much about the kiss except that I was standing at my locker either putting books in or taking them out. I shut my locker door and turned around and he stood up on his tiptoes and kissed me very quickly. I was in shock because that was not how a first kiss was supposed to happen. I'm not sure what I wanted, but I don't think it was supposed to be a surprise with the guy standing on his tiptoes.
I think I broke up with him soon after that. I was devastated that my first kiss wasn't more memorable and so I was mad at him.
He became one of my best friends and we dated a little bit during high school and the kisses got better. Once I started dating Jason, James kind of faded to the background.
1 comment:
Awww! I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your first kiss that much!! Me either though hehe I was terrified of my mom finding out and sending me to a convent! LOL
Post a Comment