Wednesday, February 04, 2009

My new nephew


I spent most of yesterday at the hospital with my sister. She wasn't supposed to have her c-section until Friday, but the baby had other plans and he broke her water yesterday morning. I got the phone call around 10:30 a.m. and left work. I was at the hospital by 12 after stopping to get my camera and some food. They didn't take her back to the OR until 4:15 p.m. and by 4:50 p.m. they had wheeled my nephew into the nursery with his daddy just smiling away. I stayed until 7 p.m. when I got to visit my sister in recovery. She is doing well with not too much pain. Haley and I will probably go visit them tomorrow. They plan on releasing her Friday.

Michael was 6 lbs 7 oz and very cute. The picture is from my cell phone. Hopefully, I can get some better pictures tomorrow.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Happy Birthday baby Michael!! Congrats Aunt Jenn!!

LOL my verification word is "poopre"!

Amanda said...

I'm so glad he decided to hang out in utero for awhile longer! He's gorgeous - CONGRATS!!

RoseAnn said...

Congrats, Auntie Jenn! And to your sister and welcome to the world, baby Michael!

miika said...

happy birthday! and congrats to the new auntie jenn!

Lisa said...

What a cutie!