Thursday, December 23, 2010

Monday at noon

All of the radiologists agreed on the recommendation and I will have the needle biopsy done Monday at noon.  They said it will take anywhere from an hour and a half to two hours.  I have to have a driver because afterwards I need to keep pressure on it.  I will probably take Tuesday off as well just because I don't want to make the drive to work and I still have three sick days left.

I've been a little frustrated with Jason because he has been telling everyone.  I've only told a handful of people (except for all of y'all).  I feel that there is nothing to tell until the biopsy results come back.  I like attention, but not from this.  I don't want pity and I don't want people to worry if it's nothing.  When I had to go for the second mammogram, I only told two people besides Jason.  I told my sister and my coworker.  Jason told ALL of the coaches.  How would you feel?

5 comments:

Mindy said...

Because I have problems being vulnerable, I felt the same way as you.

However. Craig told everyone. He needed the support. He needed to hear from everyone that everything was going to be ok. He needed to hear from everyone that they had our backs. That they loved us. That they were praying. That they supported us. He admitted, he simply couldn't face it alone.

In the end? Receiving a million texts that morning, as I was going in, that people were thinking of me, that they were praying for me, that they were sending good thoughts my way, that they were there for Craig if he needed anything was an amazing experience.

The attention and concern? It's because people love you and love your family. Accept it, and be thankful to be so loved. And when you get the biopsy results back and it's nothing - celebrate.

RoseAnn said...

You will definitely be in my thoughts on Monday and I think it's good for you to take an extra day on Tuesday. You may not need it physically but it's always good to pamper yourself.

Have you told Jason that it bothered you that he told so many people? Robert and I are on different ends of this spectrum, too. I'm an open book and he prefers to keep medical stuff, especially, under wraps. We have had to communicate to find the happy medium that works for us.

{{{Hugs}}}

Melissa said...

I'm thinking of you Jenn!!

I'm one of those "tell everyone everything" people. Not because I want the attention, but because I need the support, like Mindy said.

I think you and Jason should talk about it. He should know how it made you feel and you should know why he told so many people. It's a bit scary, so maybe he just couldn't keep it all to himself.

I will be thinking of you on Monday. Big BIG (((HUGS)))

Amanda said...

I think I'd be irritated, too. But Mindy (as always) makes a very good point.
You will be in my thoughts on Monday...{{huge hugs}}

miika said...

(((hugs))) I guess you're either in the middle of the procedure right now or just about done. I hope everything went well.
I'm not sure how I'd feel/react in your situation. We're both rather private people and agree on this, so it's never been an issue. But Mindy made a good point.