Today was a very long day, but this will be a quick update because I'm on my phone. We met with the surgeon today and Jason and I were both comfortable with him. I will be having surgery on Monday. We have to be at the hospital by 8:30 am, but surgery isn't until 2pm. I had all kinds of tests and bloodwork done including an MRI. I had also had bloodwork drawn for genetic testing to determine if I carry a hereditary gene for breast/ovarian cancer. If that's positive, we will have some tough decisions to make, but it might include a tummy tuck and new breasts. LOL.
I am doing good. Everything about the DCIS has been very positive and we'll deal with the rest as it comes. Continued prayers are appreciated.
I love all of y'all.
8 comments:
you got it sweetie! I love your positive outlook and know that will go a long way towards pulling you through this :)
*hugs*
P&PT your way!! *Hugs*
Lots and lots of positive thoughts coming your way!! I will be thinking of you and Jason and Haley!
Sending more P&PT. I am so glad they were able to move so fast on this. DCIS is the same cancer my mom had - she was able to have a lumpectomy and radiation and has been clear for 2 years now. She did the genetic testing as well - long story short, she thought we were carriers of BRCA-1, and we are carriers of NEITHER 1 or 2 (my father's family has no history of reproductive cancers - so, process of elimination on that side). Even if we were, I think it's great information to have - for your sake, and for Haley's.
{{Hugs}} Thinking of you.
You've been constantly on my mind. Many many prayers coming your way for a successful surgery and speedy recovery! XXOO
I've been thinking of you tons since this all started.
You are so loved and you will come through this strong.
Your positive spin makes me smile. I know this is so difficult and I wish I had more to offer than words and {{{hugs}}}
I know you will beat this! I have much faith! I'm sending all the prayers I can your way!
Thinking about you, Jenn! Keep smiling & knowing you are a strong Texas woman and will breeze through this. And let Jason spoil you for at least a week after surgery!
Post a Comment