Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What happened to my boring life

The past month has been so busy that I'm not even sure all of what happened.

This was my second year preparing all of the income tax returns for 3 companies and 4 individuals at work.  That doesn't include the tax returns I did at home for extra cash.  I think I did 10 and have already had a few others ask me about next year.  Jason has already been told that they are losing some of their stipend money next year because of the huge budget cuts across the state of Texas, so I'm going to need to find a way to make up some of that money.

In addition to the tax returns, I also had our annual golf tournament April 9th.  To say the week leading up to the golf tournament was hectic would be a huge understatement.  The tournament was a huge success and we raised over $34K for Abilene Christian University.

Following the golf tournament, I had one week to finish up the tax returns and also prepare for my 2nd Relay for Life.  I am proud to report that my team raised over $4500 and I myself ended up over $2000!!!

In between all of that Jason still had baseball games and Haley still had soccer practice and games.  This season I have missed so many baseball games and Haley's games.  I'm glad to be busy, but I hate missing those things.

I thought we were heading to Austin this weekend for Haley's soccer tournament, but due to a lack of teams they are bypassing this tournament and heading to the State Tournament May 7 & 8th in Houston.  Sorry, Melissa, I won't be able to meet up with you this time.  :(

We have been going, going and going for the past month that I'm not sure how I'm going to handle June when I can't do anything for 4-6 weeks.  I guess I need to stock up on some books and magazines and new movies just to keep myself occupied.   There is more of a health update on my other blog http://beamerjk.wordpress.com/2011/04/27/health-update/

2 comments:

Mindy said...

It's so nice to read an update from you! I'm sorry you've been so busy - but sounds like you have really enjoyed everything! YAY!

RoseAnn said...

Loved the update!

Busy is good but there's definitely a balance, too!