Jason's brother called me this morning as he was driving from Mississippi to Texas. He said that his wife's water broke this morning and there was very little fluid surrounding the baby and he would probably be a dad today.
Jason talked to him at 2 p.m. and they thought that the baby would be born around 8 p.m. tonight. My in-laws will probably leave tonight and stay there through the weekend.
I told BIL that we probably wouldn't be able to come until Spring break because we are going to Houston for a wedding and we can make time to head the extra hour to their apartment. There's no way that we can afford to go now besides the fact that Jason has to work every weekend.
I'm very curious to see how my father-in-law acts now that he has a grandson that will carry the family name. I thought when they announced that they were having a boy he would have left me alone, but I wasn't that lucky. He has still continued to pressure me that it's time for us to have another one and it needs to be a boy.
I don't know how many times I have to tell him that I do not want another one right now and I don't know if I even want another child. I love Haley to death, but I don't know if I could be a mother of two or even if I want to be. Growing up I thought that having children was something that I would do, but I didn't think that I would have my first at 21. I want life to calm down and maybe when we can finally survive financially without worrying each month then I'll be ready, but I know that right now I do not want another one.
Sorry, this was supposed to be a happy blog about the baby, but I turned it into a rant. :o)
2 comments:
Sorry your FIL is still pressuring you...I hope he eases up a bit when he sees his new grandson! I hope everything went well and the baby arrived safe and sound! Congrats to your BIL!!
Congrats to your BIL. Hope the baby is happy & healthy.
Next time tell your FIL that you can't have anymore children. LOL Mean I know. but it will likely shut him up.
HUGS!
Post a Comment