It was 15 years ago today that my mom died.
I miss her like crazy and there are so many things that I wish I could have shared with her, but I've also realized how many things have happened that would have been different.
I initially met Jason when I went to a youth group activity with my best friend, but it was over a year and a half later when I ran into him again through my step-mom's church. I never would have attended this church if my mom had been alive because her family was very Catholic and they kind of shunned me when I told them I was attending a Presbyterian church.
I wouldn't have gone off to a private school for my freshman year of college because I used the money I got from my mom's life insurance policy to pay for it.
I'm sure that my life would have taken a different turn and somedays I would do anything to have her back, but I don't think I could give up Jason and Haley for that.
5 comments:
Hugs Jenn!!! I am sorry for your loss but it is good to hear that you are happy with how things have turned out.
Hugs, hon. It's amazing how, out of some of our worst and most challenging life experiences, we end up with blessings in our lives that we never would have expected.
*Hugs*
{{{Hugs}}} Jenn
I'm glad that you're able to acknowledge the good things that came out of you losing your mom too early.
It's still a loss that you will always feel.
My thoughts are with you, Jenn. Can you believe it has been 15 years? My dad will have been gone for 15 years this coming December, and sometimes it feels like forever ... but sometimes it seems like just yesterday. I know your mom would be proud of the woman, wife and mother you have become! HUGS!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment