Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Talking about sex

I really didn't think I would be explaining sex to my 6 year old. We were watching Dancing with the Stars last night and a commercial for Desperate Housewives came on. The power goes out and Gaby is in the elevator with the mayor candidate and she starts undoing his pants and Haley says, "They are going to have sex in an elevator!" I was shocked and asked her how she knew that and she said that Gaby was taking the guys pants off. I asked her what she thought sex was and she told me that it's two people that love each other forever. I asked her where she heard that and she said in a cartoon.

I don't even remember when I learned about sex, but I don't think it was at 6.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't remember initiating the conversation but I do remember a conversation about sex early on...like at 5 or 6. My mom was asking if I knew how babies were made and I deduced it wasn't from kissing because my parents did that *a lot*. LOL

Funny how it's so awkward (at any age) having sex talks with your parents/children but is so much a fact of life. ;)

Nancy said...

When I was young (about 5), I asked my mother where do babies come from ? She said that parents have babies from asking God and praying really hard. So the next morning I wake up really pissed because I had prayed for a baby and woke up with none! hehehe