I just really haven't had anything to blog about.
I haven't wanted to talk about my blood pressure. As of last week I'm now on high blood pressure medicine because everytime I'm in some kind of doctor's office it is high. I bought my own monitor last week on the recommendation of my GP and at home it's normal. This morning I went in for my annual pap and about 10 minutes before my appointment, I could feel my pulse start to rise and of course I get in the office and it's high. I have a followup with my GP on the 29th and the NP that I saw at my gynecologist's office wants to see me after that. I may have to get off of the pill to see if that's what is causing it. Ugh!
Other news. I don't know if I have mentioned this yet, but we might be moving next summer. Nothing is for sure and we really won't know until football season is over. I don't even know where we would go, but we would be following one of the other coaches. I talked to my boss about it because I didn't want it to come as a shock to him. If we end up around the Fort Worth area, I will be able to keep my job because we just bought property and are opening an office up there. It's exciting and I'm looking forward to being someplace new, but I've lived in South Texas my entire life, so it's also a little scary about moving somewhere else.
I can't really think of anything else that is going on now. I really think that is enough. :o)
5 comments:
Good luck figuring out your BP. Is there a chance you could go off the medication if it remains low at home? There is such a thing as "white coat high blood-pressure" caused by anxiety from being at the doctor's office.
How exciting about a possible move! Keep us posted!
Steph and I are the SAME way! At home our blood pressure was always normal and as soon as I get to the doctors it's high (him too.) Now what the doc does is take it as soon as I get there, and she takes it again 10 minutes later and it's always lower 10 minutes later. Maybe your doc should do this too!
My BP is ALWAYS high at the doctor - they were initially concerned, and had me get a home monitor. The real determinant, according to my doc, is the pattern over time. Who *doesn't* get a little stressed about going to the doctor? :P I watched mine for 30 days in a row, recorded it, and reported back - the doc was OK with it. My "normal" is right at 120/80 - so I'm probably going to need meds eventually. No sense rushing it, IMHO.
Good luck on the BP issue. I hope you get it figured out.
Man, I totally want to visit Texas!
Post a Comment