I know it's a very original title. :o)
Life has been moving along and I always think my life is too boring to blog about, but it is finally getting busy. It may still be boring, but at least I have things to do.
We had the hurricane scare a few weeks ago and it ended up headed towards Galveston. My sister returned home only because her boyfriend is a Deputy Sheriff on Galveston Island. They live in an apartment and thankfully on the second floor. The first floor apartments were completely destroyed by flood waters. Sister's boyfriend said that the apartment below them had mud in the kitchen sink. The water knocked the refrigerator over and took the mattresses off of the bed. When the water receded, it shoved their coffee table up against the door and made it hard to open the door. My sister was going to start cleaning it up for their neighbors because they don't know how long it will be before other residents will be allowed back on the island.
Because of the hurricane, Jason's sister and her two kids had to come and stay down here. They had no power or water and they live out in the boonies north of Houston and they didn't know when it would be back on. They were here Tuesday through Saturday and finally packed up a generator and went home.
Jason's brother has also been visiting with his two kids. He is in the Navy and before he left for Romania in February, his wife decided that she wanted a separation. He tried to talk to her, but she would never give him the time of day and they have decided to divorce. It sucks for him because his new orders place him in Maryland while she will have the kids in Houston. The kids are 1 and 2 and he will not be able to have regular visitation because of the distance. Anyway, he's been down here for the past couple of weeks and he's had the kids since Thursday. It's been an experience for him because he hasn't spent much time with them and especially not alone. He leaves for Maryland on Friday.
Haley has been busy with soccer. She is also trying out for some afterschool activities that were not available in private school. I told her that I am so proud of her for stepping out of her comfort zone and trying new things. She wants to compete in Oral Reading and General Math. She will have tryouts this week and next. I think she will do better in Oral Reading than in General Math, but we shall see.
Football is going good for Jason. We are going into district 3-0, so hopefully we can keep it going.
Before school started, Jason and I ran into a childhood friend at Wal-Mart. She has 4 kids. The last time I saw her at her sister's wedding 2 years ago, she only had 3. She is a year younger than me and every one of these kids has a different father. Anyway, her oldest daughter is the same age as Haley and they are in the same school, but different classes. We have had so much fun the past few weeks with her and her kids. Her oldest son is in Kindergarten and has attached himself to Jason. He told him mom that Jason was his best friend because he didn't pick on him and actually played with him.
It's been nice having someone to talk to.
Anyway, I think that's everything that has been going on recently. I'm sure I'm missing some stuff, but I think that's enough for now.
3 comments:
I'm glad that everyone is okay!! I guess that we're pretty lucky that we don't really have those kind of natural disasters here... besides the long azz sucky winter! hehe
I'm glad things are going well for you!
I'm sorry to hear about your BIL's situation; that must be very difficult.
Glad to hear that your family survived the hurricane...poor Galveston really got the worst of it! So sorry to hear about your BIL...that just really sucks!
So good to hear that you are doing well too...things sound good for you all around!
Post a Comment