Thankfully in Texas we can vote early, so I voted a few weeks ago and don't have to worry about doing it today. I tried to convince Jason to vote, but he won't. He is registered because we updated our voter registration cards when we had our address changed on our licenses a few weeks ago. He doesn't think either candidate is going to do what they promise, so he has decided to just not vote at all. It's very frustrating.
I did take Haley with me when I voted and I stressed how important it is that we exercise our right to vote and choose our leaders. Hopefully, it is something she will take with her and remember when she is old enough.
1 comment:
I always always vote, even if I write in someone's name (last election I think I wrote in my mom). To me the *act* of exercising my write to vote is critically important - lots of people don't have that right. ANYWAY, good for you for voting, and for attempting to get Jason to do the same! ;-)
Post a Comment