Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Molluscum Contagiosum

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/guide/molluscum-contagiosum

That is what she has. It's a virus. They put some medicine on it that will cause the spots to blister and then peel off. Hopefully, we can get them to go away with one treatment because insurance won't pay for anything until we reach her deductible. We do have to go back in 2 weeks to have it checked, but hopefully that will just be an office visit and no treatment.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I never knew there were so many skin conditions out there until I had one myself - pityriasis rosea. When the derm diagnosed it, I was like..."huh?" That's how I found out there's all kinds of weirdness out there that just happens.

I hope the meds make this go away quickly for Haley, poor thing. {{Hugs}} to her.

RoseAnn said...

I hope the meds work and the spots go away quickly!

Courtney said...

My niece has had this for months. Her doctor's aren't as proactive... she is finally getting to see a dermatologist after about 9 months of it. It has been a wreck. Here's hoping Haley's clears up quickly.

Nancy said...

I hope it heals fast!! Hayley is so cute in the picture below :)