Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Jason's job

Jason's job may be in jeopardy. http://www.caller.com/news/2009/jan/20/davis-resigns-as-coach-at-alice/

The athletic director has decided to take another job. With high school football in Texas, a new athletic director can come in and bring his own coaches and push the current coaches down into meaningless positions or he can ask them to leave. We don't even know when a new A/D will be hired. First they need to hire a new superintendent, so it may be June before we even have a new A/D. We are now in a waiting period.

Jason was told by the A/D that if he could, he would like for Jason to go with them to San Angelo (in the middle of nowhere). The only thing about this is that this A/D has promised him many things and then passed him over when it really mattered. For example, Jason has been a baseball coach for 5 years. For the past three years he was promised a varisty baseball position, but then the A/D went out and hired new football coaches that also wanted baseball, so he got passed over. This is the first year that he is actually a varsity baseball coach. If he is to go with them, varsity baseball and varsity football have to be in writing. The other problem is that I did a job search on Monster.com and the closest accounting job is 132 miles away. Another issue that I have is that the 5 coaches that are already going are a little clique. They only do things with each other. We have been outsiders for the past 3 years and I told Jason that I don't think that will change when we get there.

Anyway, Jason applied for a head baseball job outside of Houston, close to his sister. It's a brand new high school and he doesn't think he's qualified, but he's keeping his options open. He has also spoke to several friends that coach at other schools and they are keeping him in mind if something comes up. We don't know what will happen next year and he could very possibly stay in Alice, but we don't want to wait until the last minute and him be miserable next year.

Just keep us in your thoughts. I think it is going to be a very long semester. The players and coaches are upset that they heard it through rumors from the coach's son before the coach told them firsthand. Now no one wants to work towards next year because they don't even know who will be coaching them.

Here's another link: http://www.aliceechonews.com/articles/2009/01/20/news/doc497506f1cbe3c974658935.txt
username: beamerjk password: haleym to read the whole article and see a picture of Jason. :o)

5 comments:

Hobby Chef said...

Tons of prayers coming your way!

Melissa said...

Thinking of you guys! I hope something works out!

Amanda said...

You're in my thoughts - keep us posted!

RoseAnn said...

I will keep you in my thoughts. I hope this works out for the best.

San Angelo doesn't sound like a very good option for J.

I will keep my fingers crossed for the brand new high school position.

{{{Hugs}}}

Nancy said...

I'm keeping you guys in my thoughts!! Good Luck!