It's been a week since I last posted, but not much has happened.
It's January and my birthday is just a few weeks away! That's always fun even though Jason has to work all day. My birthday is the first full day of baseball practice. I had bought him tickets to see Rodney Carrington for Christmas. The show is on my birthday, but the tickets were for him because I'm not a big fan of the humor. Now I need to sell the tickets because we can't go. I'm just a little disappointed and the people that he has talked to about buying the tickets don't want to pay the $50 a ticket, so I may have to settle for losing money. Oh well. That's what I get for thinking the practice wouldn't last all day and he would surely be able to get out by 4, but he talked to the head coach and said "it's not likely."
Anyway, my sister is due in 7 weeks, but I don't think she will make it until then. Her blood pressure has been going up, so I'm letting her borrow my monitor so she can check it at home. She's hoping for the end of January and she goes back tomorrow to hopefully schedule her c-section. I picked January 28th, but then that just makes a ton of January birthdays for our family. My oldest sister is the 12th, Haley is the 18th, my pregnant sister is the 21st and I'm the 31st. Then my dad's is February 10th. We just cram them all into one month instead of just spreading them out. :o)
The cat is settling in well. Unfortunately she learned how to open the sliding doors between our bedroom and the living room. There is no latch and no way to put one because they are pocket doors and won't fit into the sides if you put anything on the door. We have just decided to let her come into our room at night. It actually keeps her quiet and we get better sleep than trying to keep her out. She also likes to drink out of the toilet. I have pictures that I will post later. It's quite comical, but now we try to keep the lid down to break her of that habit.
Jason is off to Waco for the Texas High School Baseball Coaches' Convention. I'm a little anxious since this is where our trouble started last year. He spent the whole weekend on the phone with her last year. I know that we are in a different place than we were last year. Our relationship is so much better, but that nagging fear is still there in the back of my mind. We shall see what happens.
I think that's everything for now. I'll try to remember to post the pictures of Ariel drinking from the toilet tonight.
3 comments:
LOL about the cat drinking out of the toilet! Our dogs have only done that when they are desparate for water but we still try to keep the lid down. I would be worried that a cat might fall right in. LOL
I hope that you and Jason can talk about your concerns before his convention. Maybe find some ways to keep in touch so that you are reassured about things.
Wow on all the January/February birthdays! I hope the rest of your sister's pregnancy goes well!
Have a great weekend!! So are you planning a fun day anyway for your birthday even if Jason is working ? You and Hayley could do a fun little at home spa mother-daughter spa day with face masks and nail polish and girlie movies! (Can I come? haha)
I've never met a cat who doesn't drink out of the toilet if given the chance! Since the water is...um....refreshed regularly and is colder in the porcelain, they just love it. Best gig in town.
We now keep our lids down because I have bleach tablets in the tanks - so if you do that, be SURE to keep them down!
I've kept them down for years, and the second I leave one up, there's a cat. You can't "train" them, LOL.
But don't worry - she won't fall in, I promise! It does look pretty comical, though - doesn't it?
Post a Comment