I guess when things are going good I don't have anything to write about. I posted the Las Vegas photos on Facebook. We had a great time. Mindy and I were not able to meet up, so I guess I'll have to plan another trip out there. Jason has mentioned that he would like to go and just see what it's like, but that will probably be a few years down the road.
We are already planning our vacation for next summer. We are going to Washington DC!! I have not been since I was Haley's age and Jason and Haley have never been. She's excited about seeing the monuments. We were watching the preview for Night at the Museum 2 and they showed the Lincoln Memorial and she was asking if we could go there and then the White House. She chose DC over DisneyWorld, so I'm excited to have a learning vacation. We are putting money aside starting this month, so we can afford it. I've already been looking at the musuems to see which ones we have to hit and which ones we can skip. The Air & Space Museum is a must (both locations) and the Natural History Museum and the monuments. I've been looking at DC travel guides and I will start buying some in the next few months, so I can plan our trip. I'm so excited. Amanda - hopefully, we can get together. I'll let you know once we pick dates, but that probably won't be until the spring.
Jason started football practice on Monday and Haley's been spending the mornings with me at work, but then I've been leaving her home by herself in the afternoon. I had the late lunch this week (12:30 - 1:30) and then I get off at 4, so she's not there for too long. Next week is different when I go to lunch an hour earlier. I haven't decided if she's going to stay or not. I think it's pushing it when it's almost 4 hours by herself, but we'll see. She doesn't go back to school until the 24th, and I can't see her staying in my office every day all day for the next two weeks.
Work has been slow, but I know that will change the closer we get to the end of the year. I need to work on my continuing education, so I'm not waiting until the last minute to finish it.
Some work just got put on my desk, so I better get to it.
4 comments:
YAY!!!!!
DC really is a great family vacation - before I moved here, I hadn't been here since I was 8, LOL. Let me know if you have any questions as you're planning, and keep me posted for sure!!
A DC vacation will be so much fun! I was there when I was 9 and Robert and I have plans to get back someday (he's never been).
Good to hear from you!! I loved going to DC when I was a girl. We went the year I had learned all about it in school (3rd grade, maybe?) and I just thought it was soooo cool to see all the stuff I had just learned about. I'm sure Haley will love it!! And you and Jason will too...it is a pretty cool place!
Aww fun! I hope to visit DC someday too!
Post a Comment