Tuesday, September 01, 2009

September 1st...already!

I don't know how it is already September 1st. This year is just flying by.

Jason turned 30 yesterday. He said he was feeling old and the other coaches were giving him a hard time telling him that everything is downhill from here. He did say at the end of the day that he didn't feel any different. His dad gave him a mini crossbow and he had a blast playing in the yard with it. :) I gave him an iPod touch and I had the windows tinted on his car. He already knew about the iPod but the windows was a complete surprise. He just thought I was being nice by letting him drive my truck for his birthday.

Haley is a third grader and that just blows my mind. What happened to my little girl? She's growing up way too fast. We already have pimples and are trying to keep them under control. I'm not ready for puberty.

My cat is missing. We are on day 4. I haven't seen her anywhere and believe me I've walked around our property and called for her. Hopefully, someone has taken her inside and is caring for her. We are back to playing with the kittens and if Ariel doesn't show up within the next week or so, we will probably take two of the kittens. I'm not 100% decided on this yet.

Nothing new with me. I had to fight with my gynecologist yesterday to get refills on my birth control. I'm not due for my annual until October, but my prescription ran out and I need it this week. She finally agreed to do it. Now I'm considering an IUD when I go in October. Anyone else done this?

Football season is upon us and we have new coaches and new coaches' wives which I'm still not sure about. Our Athletic Director (A/D) is very disorganized and very different from our previous A/D. The wives don't sit together and we don't even have season tickets. He is handing out our tickets the day before the game and we could be anywhere in the stadium. When the fans starting insulting the coaches, it's nice to all be sitting together and fight back. :) Supposedly the A/D's wife doesn't like to sit near any of the wives, so I guess the rest of us don't get to sit together either. Anyway, maybe it'll get better. We've only had one game so far.

It's finally raining here. We haven't had significant rain since last September, so this has been wonderful the past few days. Our temperatures are down and not anywhere near the 105 we were last week.

Okay, I've done enough rambling for today.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Happy September!

RoseAnn said...

Happy (belated) Birthday to Jason!

It's amazing how much Haley is growing up!

That's too bad about the new seating policy for the coaches wives at the games. Has anyone mentioned to him that you like to sit together?

Hobby Chef said...

I have asked a two different friends of mine about the IUD, because frankly I'm getting to the age where I don't think I want to take the chance on a surprise pregnancy ... Both of them have had great things to say about the IUD. One friend reported no adverse side effects at all, and another reported some typical birth control-type effects (acne,etc.) that cleared up after a few months.

I think it's very odd that the wives wouldn't sit together ... and even stranger that the athletic director's wife would want it that way! To each their own, I guess, but there's something to be said for "safety in numbers!"