Monday, October 05, 2009

Hi!

Wow another month has gone by and I only blogged once during September.

Life has been pretty good for us. We are in the middle of football season and soccer season. Haley is having a blast playing soccer even though they are 0-3. We even had a couple of Alice Coyote Soccer players that she adores show up for her game on Saturday. We are hoping by the end of the year to get some of the football players to come. She cheers for them every week and I think it would be great if they would come and cheer her on.

My oldest sister is getting married in Hawaii this week. I'm a little hurt by her and almost to the point of not considering her my sister anymore. I wasn't invited to the wedding and believe me I would have found a way to afford it if I had been. She had a housewarming party July 4th and I was invited the Sunday before after my other sister told her I was upset because I hadn't been invited, yet. Everyone else had known for over a month because my dad had already asked me to watch their cats, so they could go. Now she told my sister that she wants to have Thanksgiving at her house, but have I gotten a phone call, no! She comes to visit my dad and I live 10 feet from his back door and never hear from her. She doesn't need anything from me, so I guess she has no use for me. She needs my other sister to do her hair. My dad and my step-mom were invited to the wedding, so they are leaving tomorrow and will return next Thursday, so at least we have the whole property to ourselves for over a week. We are going to BBQ this weekend.

Work has been good. I'm trying to get things in order for the end of the year, so I can do the taxes on my own. I shouldn't have problems with the company taxes, but the personal returns are a little more complicated. I'll figure it out and get it done. Now that I think about it, I do need to work on my continuing education before my license renews in January. I think I need 40 hours. Maybe I should be doing that instead of blogging. :o)

Have a good month if I don't make it back in here before the end of October. ;o)

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Wow... is that why she didn't invite you? (She didn't want to impose/she thinks it's too much m oney?) did they invite more people than the parents ? *hugs*

Jenn said...

I have no clue why she didn't invite. I also don't know who she invited. When she first started talking about getting married, she told my other sister that she wanted to go some place exotic just the two of them. She had already had the big wedding and that marriage didn't last, so she wanted a private affair.

My dad and step-mom are in no place financially where they could afford it, but they had been saving for a cruise and used that money to pay for it, but my dad is always complaining about his bills and making sure that I pay rent on time, so he can pay other stuff.

My sister and I have never really been close, but I think this just pushes us farther apart.

RoseAnn said...

{{{Hugs}}} on things with your sister. I read this yesterday: You can tell a lot about a person's character by how they treat someone who can't do them any good and how they treat someone who can't fight back. ~Abigail VanBuren

If you figure out the motivations of hurtful siblings, let me know because I have one of my own. :(

Hobby Chef said...

I'm sorry about your sister ... that must be so hurtful. :-(