but I'm not sure where to start.
Let's start with weight loss. After 9 weeks, I have lost 11.2 pounds!!! The last two weeks have been down (.2 and then .6) but I also wasn't working out very hard because of the foot issues. I'm back on the treadmill this week, but still taking it easy. The x-rays showed nothing wrong with my foot. More than likely I have plantar fasciitis http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/plantar-fasciitis-topic-overview. I stretched my calves and feet this morning before I started walking and it seemed to help a little. We'll see if it continues.
Now for the big news, I think I've talked about my coworker, C, before and how she's always late and has a tendency to not do things she is supposed to do. Last September, she handed me some 401K forms that needed to be signed and sent to the IRS. One of the forms she handed me was due 12/31/08. She had put it off to the side of her desk because she didn't know what it was and left it there for OVER A YEAR!!! All that had to be done was get a boss to sign it and then mailed it off. Towards the end of February we received a notice from the IRS with a very hefty penalty for the late filing. C was just going to write a note and hopefully, get the IRS to waive the penalty. No one else in the office knew about it but me, but I felt that it was my duty to alert the boss. He came in on Wednesday and told her to pack up her stuff and take an unpaid leave of absence until the 22nd. She needed to get her act together and there would be major changes in the office upon her return.
When I first started there we both worked 8 - 5. She was never on time, so the boss was kind enough to change her hours to 8:30 - 5:30. She still couldn't make it on time, but no one ever said anything to her about it. If she decides to come back, she will go back to 8-5 and if she is late even once, she is done for good. I work 7:30 - 4:30, but I'm always there by 7:15 at the latest. We used to rotate lunches and going to the bank and the post office. One of us would take lunch from 11:30 - 12:30 and the other from 12:30 - 1:30. We changed every week depending on who went to the bank and post office. I hated having the late lunch because she never made it back on time. One day two weeks ago she went to get her nails done and was 30 minutes late coming back. It was almost 1:30 before I even left for lunch. Ugh!!
Anyway, so now she's gone and I had to start going through her desk. I found so many things that should have been done last year that she had just stacked on the side of her desk. She hadn't finished filing from last year or even started this year's filing. If you need any receipt from the first part of 2010 you have to dig through this huge giant stack. Today I finished last year's filing and tomorrow I will work on 2010 filing, so that we can find things we need.
Everything is a huge mess, but hopefully, once I get it caught up to speed it won't be a big deal on a day to day basis. I'm not sure that they will hire anyone to replace her, but they may hire someone just to answer the phone and help with filing and he's also talked about letting her come back and only doing those two things. We'll see what happens come the 22nd.
I haven't spoken to her since she left the office. She sent me a text message on Friday asking me to mail her paycheck, so she doesn't even want to come to the office. I have no clue what she is doing.
Off to check on dinner.
3 comments:
Congrats on the weight loss!
Wow - I'm surprised your boss is even letting her come back....I hope this little break for her to "think" teaches her to be a grown-up...
Congrats on the weight loss!
My mom had plantar fascitis about a year ago and now I hear about it everywhere! Recently I saw some sort of arch support/insole that was supposed to help with it. I hope it clears up for you soon.
I'm also surprised that your coworkers leave of absence is temporary. If she hasn't had her act together all along, why would she change now? Maybe you'll get a raise to do some of her work? ;)
I was thinking along the same line as RoseAnn, I thought the post was going to end with you getting a promotion hehe. Never know! Congrats on the weight loss!!
Post a Comment