Monday, April 12, 2010

Just a quick note

Sorry, work has been crazy busy with the end of tax season quickly approaching. I haven't had a chance to even catch up on blogs until tonight.

Weight loss - lost 18.8 pounds in 14 weeks. 6 Weeks left to go! I'm in second place as far as pounds lost and percentage weight lost. I will not catch up to the guy in 1st place. He's lost over 54 pounds. I'm happy with my weight loss and hopefully, because I'm taking it slow, it will stay off.

Relay for Life - This is my first year participating in the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life. This Friday, April 16th will be the 18th anniversary of my mom's death from cancer. My team has raised close to $2000! If you would like to help, here's my link http://main.acsevents.org/goto/beamerjktx (Thanks RoseAnn for donating!)

Work is going good. I still haven't seen a raise, but at least we don't seem to be having any problems.

I hope y'all have a great week. I'll be busy every night this week with Haley's soccer practices and Relay for Life meetings as well. I'm also trying to bake brownies and cupcakes to sell at our campsite on Friday. My sister made some really cute angel candle holders that hopefully people will want to buy.

2 comments:

RoseAnn said...

Congrats on the weight loss! The guy who lost 54 pounds...did he do that in the same 14 week period? That just doesn't sound healthy. But your 18.8 pounds is phenomenal *and* realistic!

I'll be thinking of you during the Relay. I had a great time when I participated and I can imagine how powerful it will be to do it on the anniversary of your mom's death.

Nancy said...

Congrats on the weight loss!! wow!