Thursday, July 15, 2010

Wow two months

Sorry about that. Life has been crazy busy, but good.

In June Haley was busy with summer track, soccer training, beach soccer tournaments and science camp. Jason was teaching summer school and science camp. I was just trying to keep up with all of them on top of playing softball with the guys at work.

I'm having a blast playing softball with the people I work with. I have never played softball before, but I'm having fun. It's not much exercise, but it's still fun to be a part of the team. I made one good catch (the only ball that has come my way) and everyone has been giving me hell about it. LOL. Jason and Haley haven't made it out to any games and he told me that he doesn't know if he can sit on the sidelines and watch because he's used to playing, but then in the same breath he tells me that he's worried about me hanging out with the guys. If he's so worried, he would get his butt to the games, don't you think?

My weight loss journey has stalled. Of course, I've slacked off. I really want to start running, but I've never been a runner so it's a little intimidating. I also don't have anyone to run with. Jason just laughs at me, but I see his middle starting to get bigger and I don't want him to gain too much weight. I'm not sure when he'll start listening to me. Maybe if he would get out and exercise with me, it would be more fun. 

We went on vacation last week and split it between family time and adult time. Monday through Wednesday, Jason, Haley and I went to San Antonio. We saw Toy Story 3 at the IMAX theater and then we went to Six Flags Fiesta Texas.   More pictures are on Facebook.

Then the second half of the week was spent camping with another couple at the Choke Canyon State Park.  Haley went to stay with my sister and we were able to have some adult time.  We had fun with Stephanie and Sean.  We had a margarita basket to work through that we had all purchased at a benefit auction in May.  Stephanie and I had no problem finishing off the margarita mix.  Jason managed to catch some catfish and we are planning on making this an annual trip.

Well, I better get back to work.  I'll try to get back into the habit of blogging again.  :o)

5 comments:

Lori Anne Haskell said...

Welcome back to the blogging world! :)

Hobby Chef said...

Great to see a post from you Jenn! Regarding the running - don't let your intimidation stop you, and don't let Jason stop you either.

Try out one of the beginner running programs, like Couch to 5k. They are great programs for beginners, even if you're not training for an event. They take a run-walk approach and you'll be amazed at the progress you make!

RoseAnn said...

It's good to see a post from you, Jenn!

I'm also intimidated by running. Too bad we didn't live closer; we could get into it together!

Mindy said...

I'm so glad to see you - and I'm glad you are doing well!

I may take Justine's advice myself! I ran one morning last week with Craig - well - it started as a walk and then I said "I want to run a block" and he looked at me as though I'd been possessed (I have stated many times, I don't run) and we ran a block. And I kinda felt good, so I kept running!

Nancy said...

Nice to hear from you!
Yay for raises!!