Monday, August 01, 2011

August 1st

Wow! Where has the time gone? I've been meaning to update for a while now, but then I don't know where to start, so I haven't done it.

My surgery was successful, but I'll post more about that on my other blog (beamerjk.wordpress.com) after this.

I have been back at work for two and a half weeks and everything is chaos. My boss was doing the invoicing for me and totally screwed up a ton of them. They were calling me at least twice a week with error messages that I had never encountered and I can't even duplicate. While he was there, he decided that we needed to make changes. The day I went back to work, he started construction on another office, which essentially cut down on our kitchen area, so I've been eating lunch at my desk because there is no table back there now. It's not very relaxing. He also decided to hire a clerical assistant to help with invoices because "it's too much for one person." I had no problems getting it done on my own, but whatever. I'll do less work for the same amount of money. Oh but I am getting a raise this week! Woohoo!

I'm hoping to pick up some more tax clients this year. I was a sponsor for the football camp and several coaches were already asking Jason if I do tax returns, so that'll be some nice extra money in the spring.

Haley is still busy with soccer. She had the month of June off, but she was running summer track, so she didn't really slow down. As soon as track was over, it was right back to soccer. We signed her up for a soccer skills camp and she really picked up some moves. We enjoyed watching the women's world cup with her. We are excited for the Olympics next year, so we can watch some more soccer.

Football started today, so my husband is gone until December. I actually love football season. I enjoy the Friday Night Lights and the cheering. I love hugging my husband after a win and just being there for him after a loss. I proudly wear my coach's wife shirts. Jason picked up 6 of them for me this year at coaching school and I can't wait to wear them. One shirt says "Coach's Wife, not the Complaint Department.". I love it.

I'm doing good. Trying to take it easy and not overdo it. I come home from work and just want to take a nap.

Ok. That's enough to get me back in your blog readers. Im headed to my other blog to update it. :)

3 comments:

RoseAnn said...

Great to see an update, Jenn!

I hope the office construction and transition back to work go smoothly for you.

You have a great attitude about Jason and Haley's sports endeavors! :)

Mindy said...

You sound so WELL. I am so thankful, Jenn! I'm excited for you that by the end of this year - this segment of your journey will be complete and you can move forward - worry free.

Love you!

Nancy said...

So glad for this update! :)