Thursday, March 02, 2006

Life has been boring

I haven't had much to blog about. Work has been slow except for the fact that my co-worker was reprimanded on Friday, so it's been a little quiet in the office. She's worked here for 7 years and I don't think she has ever been on time more than once or twice in a week. She is constantly late.

Well the 3 bosses that are always in the office would make jokes about it, but no one ever told her anything. The big boss was here last week when she came in 20 minutes late. He was pissed. He let me know before we went into the meeting because he wanted me to know that I wasn't the one in trouble, but we both needed to hear what was going to change. He changed her hours to 8:30 to 5:30 instead of 8 - 5. Lunch is exactly an hour. She had a hard time with this one, too. I'm very careful about when I leave and when I come back for lunch and she just seemed to lose track of time. Anyway, she ignored me on Monday and yesterday she was finally a little bit better. We can talk about work, but it's not the same way that we could talk before. I don't know how to explain it. I still think she blames me for all of this coming to a head because the conversation was something like "It's not fair to lose that are on time and those that respect the time for their lunchhour." We are the only two in the office, so it just came across like I was complaining, but I never said a word to the boss about it. Oh well.

I stepped down from two of my boards on iVillage. My heart just wasn't in it anymore. It was a hard decision to make.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I'm sure you will be missed on those boards Jenn. But I understand the needing to step away b/c your heart isn't in something anymore. I've been wrestling with that for awhile with a group I am a member of.

Hang in there, I'm sure your co-worker will be back to herself in no time... one reprimand won't change a leopards spots.... how's that for mixing metaphors? LOL!

Hobby Chef said...

No matter how diplomatic bosses try to be when they reprimand someone, the guilty party always seems to know that the reprimand is directed at him or her. And working with a grumpy co-worker sucks! I hope she has a little attitude adjustment soon!