Well, it would have been a nice weekend if MIL had stayed home. She made the whole week awkward for everyone.
She and FIL had a talk on their way to Houston and they decided that he was moving out as soon as he could find a place. MIL didn't want to say anything to my SIL. It was just too bad that FIL had already talked to SIL. Then when FIL asked if my MIL had told anyone, she lied to him and said no. He was pretty pissed off when SIL's husband told him that everyone pretty much knew. On Saturday FIL finally asked me who told me. I told him that I learned everything from Jason. So then he asked who told Jason and I told him MIL did, so he asked how long have we known and I told him a while.
He asked me if there was something else, but I couldn't answer that. I didn't want to be the one to come out and say it. After talking to SIL's husband, we found out that he didn't come out and say it, but he told FIL to look at all of the signs and figure it out.
I don't think MIL said one word to my SIL the whole time unless it was about food or the kids. I spent most of the time with my SIL and we are both trying to figure out a way to help FIL.
He has never lived on his own and he has never had control of the money. He doesn't even know how much they have in the bank or how much they owe on anything. SIL wants to set him up with online bill pay and then her and her husband can take care of everything.
SIL sent Jason a message last night that said their dad had moved into one of the spare bedrooms and after the first of the year he would find his own place. MIL sent Jason a message today basically telling him the same thing and Jason said, "I already know." So then she wanted to know who told him. This is getting really old.
We have to go back to SIL's on the 16th for Jason's dad's family's Christmas party. I really hope that MIL doesn't go, especially if FIL has started to tell his family. That would just be really weird.
I'm sure that there is more to tell, but it was just a really long weekend with everyone trying to talk. MIL sulked the whole time and Thanksgiving morning (around 5:30 a.m.) she was sitting at the kitchen table and I could hear her text messages going off and then her replying. You would think she would have learned how to turn the ringer off especially when everyone was sleeping right there. I'm sure she was sending messages to her "friend."
Jason is tired of it and he's tired of talking about it. I wish I could tell his mother to leave him out of it because right now all she's doing is splitting the family.
4 comments:
{{Hugs}} I can't believe your MIL is THIS SELFISH - putting you all through this, and then ruining the holiday weekend, too. I hope FIL gets on his feet and on with his life ASAP, and MIL can feel free to get the heck out of the picture. Hugs to you and Jason, hon.
Hugs to all of you! I agree with Amanda.
:-( I'm sorry your MIL is causing strife in the family and that she made the holiday less than happy! Here's hoping that your Christmas will be better!
I'm sorry that MIL had to ruin the whole weekend for everyone. Amanda pretty much stated the same sentiment I have about the whole thing.
I just hope this drama can be behind the whole family soon enough!
((HUGS))
Post a Comment