Tuesday, October 07, 2008

I'm a little behind

Okay, so much for blogging everyday. It's been 7 days since I last blogged. ;o)

My oldest sister who lives on Galveston Island has been evicted from her apartment. The second floor apartments were all spared, but the first floor apartments are so badly damaged that they cannot work while there are people living on the second floor. Plus they still do not have electricity, so my sister and her boyfriend have found an apartment on the mainland. They had planned to start looking for a house, so I don't know where that leaves those plans now.

My middle sister, who is 4 months pregnant, and her husband were in an accident on Sunday morning. Everyone was okay, but my BIL wanted to make sure that my sister and the baby were okay so he took her to the emergency room. I dropped Haley off at Sunday School and met them there. I left to go meet Haley at church and then my sister texted me at noon and said that everything was okay. The baby was fine and still a boy. ;o)

The Alice Coyotes are now 5-0 for the season which is the best record in a long time. We beat a team that we have never beaten in the past 16 years and that was very exciting. We are hoping for a 10-0 season and several rounds in the playoffs.

Haley is driving me bananas. She has an attitude that I cannot seem to curb. Right now she is whining because she can't towel dry her hair. Ugh!!! I just want to scream when she whines.

Jason is on his laptop taking Defensive Driving. He got a speeding ticket while we were on vacation in July and he has until October 27th to finish the course and mail in his papers. Nothing like waiting until the last minute.

As for me. I do like my hair. I like that it's short and stays out of my face for the most part. I like the color. It still takes some getting used to when I see it in pictures. I was looking at pictures from Friday Night's Game and I saw myself, but I didn't recognize me at first. LOL.

There's not much else going on around here. It's still a wonderfully boring life. :O)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Sorry to hear about your oldest sister and her apt...that's too bad...but I'm glad they found a new place.
It sounds like things are going well in your neck of the woods...that is all very good to hear! And congrats to the Coyotes!!

RoseAnn said...

Yay on a great football season!

I hope your sisters are both doing okay. What a bummer that your sister had to move off the island even though her apt. wasn't damaged.

On Haley's whining - have you tried whining back at her? My mom used to tell us she couldn't hear at that frequency and would whine back at us to remind us what we sounded like. LOL