Friday, January 22, 2010

Another week down another 1.6 pounds lost

I really thought this was going to be a bad week. With Haley's birthday on Monday we went out to Chili's and then we had birthday cake. My boss' birthday was on Sunday and so he brought a cake up here, but I only had a tiny sliver of it and then my stomach was upset the rest of the day.

At Chili's I did order the Guiltless Chicken sandwich with steamed veggies, so it wasn't a bad choice. I only had a few chips with queso.

On Tuesday, one of our vendors brought lunch. Well I had a baked potato which wouldn't have been bad, but it had Provolone cheese, sliced and chopped steak with garlic, margarine, sour cream, mushrooms and Worchestershire sauce. I ate the whole thing! For dinner we had grilled salmon with some steamed veggies, so I guess it balanced out.

Wednesday was another bad lunch day. I ordered chicken fajita nachos with guacamole. I think there was refried beans and cheese on there as well. They were delicious, but I didn't finish the whole order. I was good at dinner though and had a small pork tenderloin baked with teriyaki merinade and a slice of pineapple with brown rice. We also had some steamed veggies. I love those Green Giant Frozen steamers. They are delicious and not too many calories for a serving.

Yesterday I brought stuff to make a sandwich to work with some pretzels, but I had Wendy's for dinner after my Relay for Life meeting. I ordered a junior bacon cheeseburger with a side salad and put light Italian dressing on the salad.

I'm not sure what I'm having for lunch today. I usually have shrimp from Popeyes but I know we are going to Olive Garden for dinner, so I'm thinking that Subway might be a better choice for lunch.

Sorry for talking about all of the food. :o)

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Sounds like you're doing very well! Congrats on the weight loss!

RoseAnn said...

That's great that you're losing, even if you think you're splurging during the week. You must be doing a good job of balancing out your choices. I have gotten in the habit of going online to check out healthy options before I eat out because I'm so bad at judging the better options when I'm sitting there with the menu.

Here's a board on ivillage that you might be interested in: http://messageboards.ivillage.com/n/mb/listsf.asp?webtag=iv-psremember&nav=start&prettyurl=%2Fiv%2Dpsremember We are all working to support each other on weight-loss and fitness goals. Everyone is going at their own pace but we hold each other accountable and support each other when we make less than great choices.

ITA on Steamers veggies! I can eat a whole bag for dinner and it's only 150 calories! They're also good over pasta!

Nancy said...

Congrats! You're doing great! It sounds to me like you're making balanced choices while still enjoying food/life! Take it from me, I know that going gung ho and not enjoying being a foodie can lead to crashing and burning fast!!

1-2 lbs is the recommendation from the professionals, and you're going to keep this off, I know it :)

Amanda said...

You are doing GREAT! Congrats! Like Nancy says, 1-2 lbs a week is normal. That's a deficit of 3500 - 7000 calories, which is a heck of a lot!

You've gotta treat yourself - it's about changing your lifestyle, not erasing every bad thing from your diet. So, as long as it's in moderation and balances out, you're good to go.

I'm battling with weekend splurge and weekday cleanup - so I'm down about a pound or slightly less per week. I could use to take my own advice about moderation. Heh. :P