We are 6 days into the new year and 6 days into my food journal. There was only 1 day where I went over 1500 calories and that was Monday when I ordered sweet tea from Sonic. I have decided that I can't order Sweet Tea from any of my favorite restaurants. I have to go back to drinking unsweet tea and adding sweet-n-low. Most of my days have been around 1300 or 1400 which I think is pretty good.
The treadmill exercise started on Monday and I have to say that so far I haven't had any problems getting up at 5:10 and walking for 20 minutes. I'm starting out slow and hopefully, by next week I can start the 20 minute fitness routine that I got from Prevention magazine. It's still a little too fast for me right now and I don't want to get discouraged, so I've slowed it down a bit.
Tracking my food has been fun. I'm trying to add in more fruit because most days I wasn't getting any.
Since we are using my scale for our office challenge, I don't have it at home to check my progress, so Friday will be a surprise. Hopefully, it's a good one.
I had some blood work done last week because my doctor hadn't seen me in over a year and wanted me to go and do it. They called and said everything was good except that my Vitamin D is low, so now I'm on a 50000 IU pill once a week for 3 months and then we will recheck my levels. The pharmacist said that everyone over the age of 15 should be getting 5000IU a day of Vit D. My multivitamin is only 400IU. So we'll see what happens and hopefully, I can remember to take it each week.
3 comments:
Yay, you!
I've heard that people are struggling to get enough Vitamin D because we've gotten so good about using sunscreen. Kind of a mixed blessing, I guess.
I'll keep my fingers crossed that the weigh-in goes well Friday.
Good job, Jenn! Keep it up! I'm sure the weigh in Friday will be great!
Do you take any calcium? Usually that has Vit D in it too bc your body needs it to absorb the calcium...I hope the Rx from the doc fixes your low levels. :)
Awesome!! I bet Friday will be good :)
Post a Comment