I don't know why I can't get into the Christmas spirit. I guess it could be the fact that it's been in the 70s all week and then today we drop into the 30s, but we'll be back in the 70s in a couple of days. I don't mind that. I love living in South Texas, so I don't have to deal with cold temperatures that often.
I've only done some Christmas shopping. I did finally manage to buy the gifts that needed to get in the mail, but that's about it.
I've bought Haley a few things, but I still need to venture out and buy a Cabbage Patch Doll. She's finally at that age where she can tell me what she wants for Christmas. She picked up the Toys R Us catalog a few weeks ago. I found it in her room and there were so many things circled in it. It was cute, but I know that we can't afford everything she wants and I don't want to get into the habit of buying her everything she wants. It's not all it's cracked up to be. I've been there.
Every year my sisters and I make lists for my everyone in our family. My dad tries to buy everything on the list, which them makes me feel like a schmuck because I can't afford to spend a quarter of what he spends. We didn't make lists this year. I haven't even spoken to my dad since October. He hasn't been to our apartment, yet, and we moved in June.
I'm waiting to hear the backlash since we're not having Christmas at his house this year. My sisters and I are tired of being treated like crap compared to the next door neighbors, so we are having Christmas at my sister's house and they can come if they want.
How would you feel if your dad offered to take the neighbor's kids to the Renaissance Festival (5 hours away) but never offered to take his own grandkids? Haley's a little young to go, but my niece is older than all of the neighbor's kids, but they didn't offer to take her. My sister was a little ticked off about that.
Anyway, I hope that I can get into the Christmas spirit soon. I got all of my Christmas cards done, but only because I hate to be late on anything. :o)
3 comments:
I remember my parents waiting in line for something like 7 hours to be one of the first to claim Cabbage Patch Kids for my sister and I for Christmas. I think it is so cool that they're "in" again.
I remember the Cabbage Patch dolls. I had a ton of them and hear the story every year about my step-mom standing in line and looking all over Dallas to find the playpen one year. She had a relative buy in TN and ship it to her. Yeah, I hear ya on the spoiled thing. ;)
I wish I could help get you in the Christmas spirit, when you figure out how, please let me know. I could use some help getting there as well.
HUGS!
My first entry in your blog. I have visited a few times...anyway, I think it is neat to see all the stuff that we liked when we were little making a comeback. :)
Natalie
Post a Comment