Okay, I thought I would update you on the MIL situation. She came and stayed with us Saturday night. She told FIL that my daughter wanted her to come over. Which is just ridiculous because they only live 30 minutes away! Whatever! He bought the excuse I guess because nothing was said.
We went out to dinner Saturday night and while we're sitting there Jason asked her if she had talked to his sister. She said she didn't know what to say to her because the first question that SIL would ask would be "is there someone else?" MIL's response to Jason was that she was nothing like SIL (SIL cheated on her husband and then got divorced, but is now happily married with someone else). Well, we got home and DD and I went into the bedroom because I knew that MIL wouldn't talk if I was in there. She would be more open with Jason alone.
I fell asleep at some time, but I remember Jason coming in there when MIL went to the bathroom and he told me that she had a "friend" but nothing had happened between them and this friend is 15 years younger than her. Well, Sunday morning after she left, Jason told me that she had revealed more to him as the night went on. She has been sleeping with this guy for 3 months. They go out for lunch at least twice a week, but don't eat food. They work together and supposedly have been flirting with each other for 2 years.
Before MIL left Sunday, she told us she was going to go and put her stuff out in the car. She didn't come in for 45 minutes. She was obviously on the phone with someone and it wasn't SIL because she called after she left to get SIL's new phone number.
Why can't people get out of their marriages before they cheat? I just don't understand. I told Jason that if he ever had the urge to cheat, to just leave before it happened because I wouldn't want it happening under my nose.
2 comments:
Hugs Jenn.
As to why people cheat vs. just leaving? Who knows. I am thinking it is the whole grass is greener syndrome.
I am totally with you on this. I know how much it plain sucks to find out about family cheating in what you thought were (somewhat) happy marriages.
I am sure J is really upset as are you...with all the divorces & cheating going on around you. More hugs.
Wow Jenn! I don't even know what to say. Super huge Hugs to you and Jason.
I'm with you.. if you want someone else, just leave the person you are with... don't think an affair is an answer. Fortunately, my husband feels the same way... we've had discussions at length about that.
Hang in there... be strong and keep the faith.
Post a Comment