I would write more often, but there's really nothing going on to write about.
My sister's divorce is getting ugly. Her soon to be ex is being a jerk and very destructive. My sister's lawyer is not helping at all and if she hadn't already paid him a ton of money, I would tell her to go somewhere else. I'm worried about my sister's safety and her lawyer won't get off his butt and file for the restraining order to keep the ex away from my sister and her property.
My sister has a house that my dad gave her. It needs a lot of work. The house is on land that her and her ex bought together. My sister changed the lock on the gate and has been trying to work on the house, but her ex cut the lock and then broke down the door. He then stole all of her materials. He even unhooked the ceiling fan. Yesterday she found out that he took all of the breakers out of breaker box, so she couldn't turn the lights on to work on the house. She ran into him at Wal-Mart yesterday and he was buying locks and bolts because he was going to lock her out of the house.
She did file a police report for the missing stuff and since her ex is on probation, hopefully something will happen now. I just hope they can get this sorted out, so my sister can live safely in her house.
I guess I came up with something to write. ;o)
4 comments:
Oh my Jenn! I am so sorry to hear how bad things are. You know, I'm pretty sure your sister can appear at family court on her own and file a restraining order, and she can file one through the police department too. She shouldn't have to wait for her lawyer to do that. That may help her out. Best of luck!
Oh my gosh, I am so sorry to hear about what's going on with you sister. That's really terrible. I think Courtney may be right about her being able to go to court on her own and file for the restraining order, lord knows she has the grounds to do it.
I hope this all gets sorted out soon...that is so scary! I will be thinking about her and you!
Oh no! I'm so sorry that your sister has to go through this. Divorce is ugly enough, but if she doesn't even feel safe in her own house ... I agree with the other girls - I think she can file the restraining order on her own. For her own safety, she should look into it. I will keep your sister in my thoughts!
OMG your sister's ex sounds like a jerk!!! I hope things get better soon !
Post a Comment