Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The Anniversary

Today my ILs should be celebrating 31 years. They are still married, still living under the same roof and supposedly FIL doesn't know anything about MIL's feelings. A few weeks ago FIL bought her a strand of pearls, but she snubbed him and told him that she already had some and didn't need them. She made a comment to Jason that she wished this was all over by now. How can it be over if you haven't done anything or said anything?

I asked Jason if we was going to call them and wish them a Happy Anniversary and his response was "I don't want to deal with it." I'm not going to call that's for sure.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Today would have been my parents' 31st anniversary as well. Their marriage deteriorated much as your IL's has - with it being obvious to everyone except the person who needed to see it (my Dad). They divorced in 2003, right before J & I got married.

I know this whole thing has been hard on you and Jason, too. Just wanted to send {hugs}>