Tuesday, October 17, 2006

An update on us

Things are going really good for us.

I am staying busy at work. I'm waiting on my CPA to send me back my papers, so that I can apply for my CPA license. He is going to drive me crazy because I sent them to him last week. I'm really nervous about the responsibility that comes with having those 3 little letters behind my name, but I'm excited about finally accomplishing one of my goals.

Jason is staying busy with school and football. His freshmen team is doing really well and that looks good for him as the head coach. Hopefully, next year he will be on varsity. This Saturday he takes his science certification test and I'm hoping for the best. I know that he really wants this, so that he can be teaching at the high school in January. He's tired of dealing with his principal at the intermediate school.

Haley is doing well. She loves soccer even though they have lost their last two games. We have our first parent/teacher conference next week. Instead of sending home report cards for the first 9 week period, Kindergarten parents must make an appointment with the teacher to discuss the child. Thankfully, Jason has 3 days off next week for the county fair, so he will be able to attend the meeting and then he gets to go to soccer practice. I haven't told Haley that, yet. She will be surprised.

I can't really think of anything else that is going on. I'm avoiding my MIL like the plague. She called yesterday to see what my plans are for the weekend because she wants me to go to the Salsa & Margarita Festival with her. I really don't want to go because I don't have the money. I just bought tickets for Dierks Bentley & Miranda Lambert. Woo hoo! So I need to save my money and pay some bills. Hopefully, I can find a way to get out of the festival without pissing off my MIL. Any ideas?

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Good Luck to J on his exam. I know he'll do great. And hopefully your paperwork comes through soon and you can get those 3 little letters that are so important after your name!!!

As for MIL... just tell her you can't make it and leave it at that. If she pushes, just tell her you have "some things" to take care of that are personal. Hopefully that works. Good luck!

Melissa said...

I am glad to hear that things are going well for y'all! I hope J does well on his exam...I'll be thinking of him!
Good luck with the CPA license too...I hope it works out in a timely manner for you!!
And as far as avoiding MIL goes, I agree with Courtney...just tell her you have other stuff going and you can't make it.