Wednesday, July 30, 2008

How do I let go?

Please forgive me, but it's been almost 6 months since everything happened with Jason and I am still haunted by it. He has not given me any reason to doubt him, but the fear just will not go away. He doesn't think that she found another job. He was told that 3 science teachers were gone, but he knows who those 3 are and she isn't one of them. This has me freaking out every day with the possibility that she is going to be next door to him again. He is going to have to see her and work with her. He has told me over and over again that he made a huge mistake and wishes he could take it all back, so that I wouldn't be afraid, but that's not possible.

I can't get the memories of January and February out of my head. Everytime I go a few hours without hearing from him, I think back to the last week of January when he stopped calling and texting at his normal times. I would comment that I didn't hear from him all day and he would tell me that he was busy and then when everything was going on and I checked the phone bill, he was busy talking to her. Her phone number is seared in my brain and I check the phone bill every month to see if it's on there. I don't know what I will do if it ever shows up again. I will probably have a nervous breakdown.

I cleaned out my truck one day in March and I found a pocket calendar and it said "I Heart Amanda." He told me that he didn't write that and then he tore it up. That image won't go away either.

I went away in March and when I was looking at the phone bill the next month, they were texting the whole weekend that I was gone. She had shown up at the baseball game that same weekend and my mother-in-law had taken Haley to the game. My mother-in-law said that she came up and hugged Haley and I was furious. I had already told Jason that I didn't want her anywhere near our daughter. Every baseball game after that I kept close tabs on Haley and wouldn't let her out my sight if "she" was around.

I guess what upsets me the most about her talking to Jason is that I don't know what they talked about and Jason told me that it was nothing and he doesn't remember. Obviously it was something to keep her calling and texting.

There are so many things that I keep thinking about and I have no reason to. He has not given me any reason lately to doubt him. He helps out around the house and he's taken care of Haley all summer. I'm just scared to death of what will happen when "she" is around him again. I don't know how I'm going to handle this. I know that if she is still teaching at his school, I will see her at football games and I don't know what I'm likely to do or say to her. I have talked to the Athletic Director's wife about her and she couldn't believe that the girl had the nerve to show up at the baseball games and stand right behind me. I'm very surprised that she didn't look for another job because I made sure everyone that I know knew what kind of person she is. I told all of the wives to look out because she likes men that are married and it doesn't matter if she's dating anyone either. Her boyfriend was dying of cancer while she was trying to steal my husband.

I need to let this go because it's only hurting myself and my relationship with Jason. I wish I had one of those memory erasers like from Men in Black, so I could just get rid of that little piece of time. I want to be happy again and not have this fear in the back of my mind.

9 comments:

Courtney said...

Huge (((HUGS))) Jenn. I don't know what to say to help. I know recognizing your fear will help, but I am totally with you on it not being easy to let go. Maybe some counselling (for you and both of you togther) would help. I think Jason needs to come clean too. That will probably help out a lot.

I wish you the best!!!!

Katie said...

I'm sorry hon- I know it must be hard. The one thing I can suggest is to have him talk to his principal about making sure they aren't next door during classes or assigned duty together, etc. This is something his principal can and probably will do if he asks
*hugs*

RoseAnn said...

{{{Hugs}}}, Jenn!

I'm so sorry that his lapse in judgement continues to affect you.

I second the suggestion for individual or couples counseling.

I will continue to keep you in my thoughts. I know you are a strong individual but I hope that together you can find a way to get your marriage back on solid ground.

my3texasboys said...

Like the others, I would suggest counseling. Good luck.

Lisa said...

Jenn, I'm 2 years past it and not having to deal with Brad anymore but I still think about it, probably more than I should. I think its normal, and it takes time. Your level of trust was shattered and you have every reason to be on gaurd. It's not fun. But honestly, counselling didn't help me AT ALL. The memories are still there, the hurt is still there. Yeah, what they said was logical, but logic doesn't run my emotions! Hugs!

Amanda said...

I have nothing to add - everyone has suggested what I would. I just wanted to add my {{hugs}} and reiterate that you are a strong woman and will get through this, one day at a time....

Victor W said...

Big (((HUGS))). I agree with what everyone has said too...sometimes airing things out with a counselor is the best thing. It will give you both an opportunity to discuss what happened in a safe place. I am sorry that you are going through this, but you guys have come a long way since then and I know the two of you will continue to work through this and be all the stronger for it. Thinking of you!

Melissa said...

"Victor" is me, I was logged on to his acct and didn't even know it. Sorry!

Nancy said...

*Hugs* I wish I had something insightful... but all I have right now is *Hugs*!!