Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I'm probably over reacting, but...

Would you be upset if someone took your myspace pictures and then posted them on their myspace page? They also included your child's name on the page with the picture. It pissed me off. I keep my pictures and my profile as private. Only people that I have as friends on my page can view my pictures, so it made me mad that this person copied them to her computer and then uploaded them to her page for anyone to view.

I have to admit that it was my mother-in-law and so I'm very mad. I sent her a message that 1) asked her to not use Haley's name with her picture and 2) I asked her not to use my pictures because I limit who gets to see them for privacy. I also warned Jason that I sent the message in case she calls him about it. She can't use the excuse that she took them from Jason's page and not mine because those are still my pictures and his page his private for the same reason. We'll see what happens.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Jenn - I WOULD be upset. I would send an email requesting that they take them down OR make their page private. Pronto.

I have NO pictures of my kids on my blog or on my Myspace or Facebook. None. I'm about to go private with everything . . . but I'm very concerned about people lifting my kids' pictures and using them on internet porn. It's a very real concern.

RoseAnn said...

I don't think you are overreacting at all.

Maybe give her the benefit of the doubt that she doesn't understand the risk but regardless she should remove the pictures.

Jenn said...

She emailed me back and said that she was sorry and would take down all of our pictures. Her profile is private, but I don't know all of the people in her friends list and so that is sharing pictures with people I don't know. Everyone that I have on my friends list are people that I either know in real life or people through iVillage that I have gotten to know and feel comfortable sharing with. I'm just surprised that there is not an option in myspace to not allow people saving pictures.