Thursday, February 07, 2008

Why doesn't he even want to try

I just don't understand him. I guess this "friend" must be making him really happy because he doesn't even want to talk to me about it. He has made up his mind and he won't even listen to me.

I sent him a message earlier today to make sure that I wasn't jumping the gun about talking to an attorney. The message said, "Is this truly what you want? I don't want this. I love you with all of my heart and I know that it won't be easy. Is there any part of you that wants this to work? If you tell me no, I will be hurt, but I will leave you alone." His reply to me was, "I'm sorry, but no."

We are getting together tomorrow to separate the bills and our money. I don't want to fight with him and I just want to get this over quickly.

Thankfully, we don't own anything. We have a lot of debt. We have the two trucks and so he took the little one that he picked out and I took my four-door. I know that my payment will be $100 more than his, but that is the truck I wanted when we bought it and I'm not just going to roll over and let him have it. He told me I can take whatever furniture I want except for the big screen TV, so he'll be enjoying his TV from the floor because I'm taking the couches and the dining room table and chairs. Those items are the only ones that we owe money on. The couch and the dining room table will be paid off in three months and I think he'll be paying on the TV for another 6 months. Most of our other furniture was given to us by either my family or his, so whatever my family gave us, I'm taking and whatever his family gave us, he can keep.

I told him that I hope he's just as miserable as his mother and that I can somehow turn this around and make my life better like his dad has done. He didn't respond to that.

I didn't realize that I could be so hurt and so mad at the same time. I know that I need to eat, but nothing tastes good and I just want to throw it up when I do eat. I've already lost 4 pounds in just a few days. I know it's not healthy, but hopefully, I can get my life turned around and move on.

Thanks for all of the support.

7 comments:

RoseAnn said...

I can't imagine having to split up all your stuff.

Take care of yourself!

{{{Hugs}}} <--- That seems so inadequate but it's all I have to offer. :(

Hobby Chef said...

Hugs Jenn. I don't know what else to say.

Courtney said...

Wow Jenn. (((HUGS))) That's all I really have to offer. I've been through divorce before... it's a tough road... hang in there. If you need me you know where to find me.

Nancy said...

*Hugs*

Amanda said...

{{Hugs}} Sweetie. I wish so much there was more I could do. We're here for you - keep venting however you need to. It's OK to feel however you're feeling. :(

Mindy said...

Oh, Jenn. Hugs, hugs, hugs. And more hugs.

I thought about you a ton last night. You are in my prayers.

Katie said...

OMG sweetie. I don't even have words.
*hugs*
If you ever need anything you know how to find us. My internet is working again, so please email or call if there's anything I can do.
More hugs. I am so sorry. *hugs*