Thursday, February 28, 2008

Blog Challenge

I know I really need to post an update. Just quickly things are going great. Jason moved in with us this week and we are talking and communicating. We are talking about doing a marriage enrichment weekend in a few weeks and he actually sounds excited about doing it together. We are having a date this weekend and Haley is going to stay with his mom. I feel like we are dating again and we are having fun and I know it's only been a few days, but I'm really excited.

Now on to the challenge:
What jobs have you always wanted to have? Or did you think for a long time that you wanted to have but got over at some point?

When I was a child, I always wanted to be a teacher. I would set up all of my baby dolls and stuffed animals and have class, but that dream went away when I started helping and tutoring. I realized that I am not a patient person and if the person that I am helping doesn't "get it" quickly, I get frustrated and would rather just show them how to do it. I see myself acting the same way with Haley when she doesn't understand something. She is trying to learn how to ride a bike right now and it is very frustrating, so I'm trying to be patient and remember how it was when I learned to ride.

In junior high my sister was dating a guy (and then married and divorced him) that was a computer programmer. I didn't know what he did at the time, but it sounded fun. He was designing a program and ended up selling it to the company he worked for and made royalties for many years off of it and so I knew that he had money and I wanted to do that. After they divorced I decided I didn't want to be like him anymore.

My junior year of high school, my schedule got messed up and I ended up in an accounting class. It was very easy for me and I enjoyed studying it and ended up doing academic events in accounting and did very well. I even went to Nationals in Computerized Accounting with Business Professionals of America. It was something I was good at so that's what I made my major and knew that I wanted to work in a (at the time) Big 5 firm and see the world. Money was tight so I transfered back home and Jason and I got married our sophomore year of college and then found out we were pregnant with Haley. I got my current job when Haley was 1 and I don't think that I could ever work in a big accounting firm now that I have worked here. I am very spoiled and I like the casual and laid back atmosphere.

I'm not sure if I really like accounting anymore, but I know that it's something I am good at except I really hate taxes. I don't know what will happen if Jason and I ever move. He told me that moving would be easier if I was a teacher, but if you see above, that will never happen.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Yay! Congrats on the progress with Jason. I saw your Facebook message the other day and thought it sounded promising. I'm looking forward to reading the full update.

It's funny... when I think about the qualities required for teaching, patience is probably not one that I would name. I'm sure it's a little different at the high school level... I don't have thirty 6-year-olds running in different directions!

Nancy said...

I'm so glad to hear that things are going great!!! yay!

Mindy said...

Hi, Jenn! I wanted to let you know that my girls at Bible Study and I are praying for you, Jas and Haley. I hope that things are continuing to go well! Hugs!

Hobby Chef said...

I hope things are continuing to go well at home!