Monday, April 27, 2009

Haley Cooks: Spaghetti

Haley is going to cook two things this week: today - spaghetti, later in the week - homemade mac & cheese.

Preheating the oven for the cheese bread.

Getting the water for the noodles.

Putting the ground turkey in the pot and chopping it up.

Adding the spaghetti sauce. I learned to make spaghetti using the jarred sauce, so I don't want to hear anything about sauce from scratch. I have no idea how to make it. ;o)

Adding the drained noodles (we used rotini noodles today) to the sauce mixture. Don't worry I carried the pot of hot water to the sink to drain. I really didn't need Haley to drop it and burn herself.The finished product. Yes we are eating at a Princess table in the living room. Jason wanted to watch the Astros game, so this is the only thing we have in the living room to eat on.

It was delicious. I think there were too many noodles for not enough sauce, so next time we will probably either use half of the noodles or a bigger jar of sauce. She is doing great with her cooking.

The homemade mac & cheese should be fun because I've never even made it from scratch. It's always been boxed Kraft Mac & Cheese for me.




3 comments:

Melissa said...

I love these posts! I hope you are all enjoying Haley's meals! How fun!!

Nancy said...

Yummy!! Can I borrow your daughter? LOL

RoseAnn said...

I enjoy these posts, too!

It's interesting how spaghetti (or any meal, really) evolves to specific families. Because of our religious beliefs, I never had meat in spaghetti sauce until I was in college! (Meatless) spaghetti is what we ate on Fridays growing up.

I've still never made homemade mac&cheese. I love it but Robert's not a fan and I don't know what I'd do with a huge batch. Post the recipe if it's a good one!