Hi, my name is Jennifer and I'm a blog neglector. :o)
- Work has been so-so. I have been working on tax returns, but only to compare what I have done to what the new CPA is doing, so I can ask her questions about anything I do differently (or wrong). She has said that next year she hopes I can do them on my own and she will go over them before we send them off to the government.
- Baseball season is going well. I have only seen "her" at one game and I'm almost positive she will be there tonight, but I'm trying to not let her get to me. According to some other teachers, she is not going to be asked to come back next year.
- We are still going to be Coyotes next year. We were worried about Jason's job with the new A/D coming in, but Jason met with him on Monday and he really wants Jason on his staff. We have yet to hear about the job in Haley's school district and we can't wait around hoping they find a teaching position for him. Jason loves being a Coyote and as long as he is coaching what he wants and is happy, I will stand behind him.
- Haley won 3rd place in the 2nd grade Science Fair and will now be competing in Corpus Christi at the Coastal Bend Science Fair on May 2nd. We grew jalapeno plants in our laundry room. One plant was under a desk light, another plant was under a box, and the third plant was near a window. She measured their growth every day. After two weeks of collecting data, we moved them to a bigger container outside with miracle grow. The plants that were under the box are still not recovering, so I don't think we are going to have very many jalapenos. Haley wants to sell them for $5 a piece to the baseball players. :o)
- She is doing Jump Rope for Heart again this year and she has already raised over $225 and most of that came from the baseball parents. They just can't say no to her. She still needs to ask my boss, but he hasn't been around and I think it would be better if she asks him in person. If any of you would like to help, http://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=284645&supId=208072327
- There's really nothing else going on. Haley and I are going to the Poteet Strawberry Festival tomorrow with my mother-in-law and my coworker. I tried to get one of Haley's friends to go with us, but she already has plans. I might try calling another friend tonight, but I'm not sure if she'll go with us since it's an hour and a half away.
- I'm not going to make it to Vegas for Nancy's birthday. The iVillage board that I have been a member of and co-cl on for the past 4 years is going to Vegas in July and I have decided to go with them. We are going to split a room at the Luxor and stay Thursday through Monday. Mindy ~ Maybe we can still meet up at some point. I hope y'all have a great time.
- I guess I should get back to work. I will try to not be such a stranger. :o)
3 comments:
It's a bummer you won't be with us in Vegas in August but a trip there in July is better than none at all!
I love Haley's science project idea and that she's going to sell the result!
Well, I might not even be in Vegas for my birthday either... I'm in denial but I have to sit down and evaluate wether I can really afford this. Teh 'free' cruise cost us a LOT more than we had planned... But I'm scared to calculate. I'd rather stay in denial and pretend like I'm still going :(
I'm still here. I'm a blog neglector too. But mostly with other people's. I read a few months worth at a time. LOL
Post a Comment