Saturday, January 12, 2008

I'm alive!

Mindy reminded me that I haven't posted in a while, so I'm here.

Our holidays were good. Haley was so excited to get her Barbie house. It's an identical replica to the one I had in the early 80s and she thinks that it is so cool because it's bigger than the Barbie houses that are currently for sale at Toys R Us.

Jason and I didn't really buy each other presents. We wanted to make sure that we had stuff for Haley and that was all that mattered.

After Christmas his sister and her family (all 6 of them) came to visit us in our little 2 bedroom apartment. It worked out well and we didn't have too many fights. We had to visit their dad on Saturday and then their mom on Sunday and that was rather awkward, but I think it went fine.

New Year's Eve we drove to Corpus Christi for dinner and then came home. I fell asleep about 10:30 and I didn't even make it to midnight.

Now that the holidays are over we move onto birthdays. My oldest sister's birthday is today. She is 39. Haley's birthday is Friday and I can't believe that she will be 7. My middle sister turns 38 on the 21st and then I turn 28 on the 31st.

I got my hair cut and colored today and I will have to get Jason to take a pic outside. I asked my sister to go brown, so that we wouldn't notice all of my new growth and she decided to put a little cherry in the formula, so it's very red, but it will probably fade quickly.

This is Haley's first year in Brownies and we are experiencing our first cookie sale. If anyone would like to order some, I'm sure I can find a way to ship them to you. :o) She's already sold 19 boxes in her first day of selling, but she wants to sell at least 100 boxes.

I think that's all of my update for now. Sorry I went missing. I've been around reading everyone else's, but just haven't been in the mood to blog.

3 comments:

RoseAnn said...

I would totally support a fellow Girl Scout by buying some cookies from Haley!

Melissa said...

Hey stranger!
Good to hear from you and so glad to hear that your holidays were good!
Good luck to Haley in her cookie sale! I so loved being a Girl Scout!

Mindy said...

So glad you posted! Sounded like a nice Christmas! Did you get her the Barbie Doll townhouse or dream house? I had the townhouse, with the elevator, and thought it was the coolest thing EVER. :) I'm glad she loves it!

COOKIES! Awesome! I think it would cost me too much - otherwise - I'd totally have you ship me some!

Hugs! Have a great week!