Wednesday, July 18, 2007

My career

I'm answering Nancy's questions one at a time.

1. How did you chose your career? Is it your dream job?

My junior year of high school there were problems with my schedule and I couldn't get into choir because it conflicted with something else. My counselor stuck me in accounting and said that if I didn't like it, I could switch to something else. The class was a breeze. I was tutoring others in the class and even started competing in academic competitions. I was district champ my senior year and even went to Nationals for Business Professionals of America (a high school group that prepares kids for the real world).

Because I was so good at it, I decided that was what I wanted to do with my life. My original dream was to work for one of the big Accounting firms. When I realized that I would have to move away from Jason, I decided that I didn't want to do that. We got married our sophomore year of college and then I got a job doing bookkeeping and other accounting work. They helped me finish school and then paid for my CPA exam and license.

I'm not sure if it's my dream job. I'm not confident in myself enough to fully take over the company's taxes and so I don't know how well I would do if I went to an accounting firm. I will stay in my job probably until Jason decides that he's ready to teach somewhere else.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Wow thanks for answering my question! Before you took that accounting class in 12th grade, did you want to be something else? I always wanted to be a pediatrician from the age of 5 until grade 12, then I realized that I was wayyyy too sensitive and shy to do that hehe. I would have a depression everytime I saw a sick kid!