Wednesday, July 25, 2007

We have made new friends!!!

Jason and I finally have another couple that we can hang out with. They hired a new coach and he just got married at the end of May and they finally moved their stuff down here. We have been having a blast hanging out with them. Last week, we went over to their house and had spaghetti and then played cards. Last night, we fixed dinner and then we played cards. Tonight we have to go to Corpus Christi and they are going to be running errands, so we are meeting for dinner.

The cute part is that we are Jason and Jennifer and they are Kyle and Kendra. :o)

It is so nice to have another coach close in age. Haley loves going to their house and she plays with Kendra while the boys go play golf. They are expecting a baby in October and Haley already told Kendra that "we" would come and babysit for them.

We've never had a couple that we could hang out with. There are a bunch of coaches, but most of the wives have known each other forever and they are all teachers. We will see a lot of them during football season, but once that is over I don't hear from them until the next season. Hopefully, we can still hang out with Kendra and Kyle after football season.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

That's awesome - it so important to have friends like that. In Indiana, we had a couple like that...Bill worked with J, and his wife Christine had moved there from Chicago when they got married - just like I did. In fact, their anniversary is one year after ours, to the day. We still miss them terribly - J has a coworker here that he'd like us to be like that with (him & his wife, of course), but I'm just not feeling it. You can't force friendships, you know? His wife is nice enough, but not someone I'd normally be friends with.

Nancy said...

That's great!! The name thing is so cute! hehe

miika said...

That's awesome! I'm still on the lookout for new friends like that. Even some of our married friends in Canada, Joe is friends with the guys but I'm not all that keen on hanging out with their wives. They're both very nice (and one of those couples is coming to visit), but other than our husbands we don't have much in common.