Thursday, July 12, 2007

Wednesday blogging challenge

This week's blogging challenge from Heather is...

I'd like you to write about how you met your significant other. Try to include as many details as possible, including your original impressions. Who asked whom out? What was the first date like? Instant chemistry, or did you want to run for the hills?

Jason and I met in July of 1995. I was attending a Gabriel (Christian rock group) concert with my best friend Jessica at a local Baptist church. We saw a guy that we knew from school. His name is Bobby and he introduced us to Jason who went to his church.

I immediately thought that he was very cute. I kept staring at him and smiling. When we left, I didn't have a chance to get his number because we had to hurry up and get to the bus. I was wondering how I was going to get his number. Our church group decided to go to Pizza Hut after the concert and guess who was there? Jason's church group. Bobby came up to me and said that Jason was to shy to ask me for my number, so I gave it to Bobby. I was all smiles.

The next day Jason called and we talked for a couple of hours. He asked me to go to the movies with him. Neither one of us had our license, so his sister had to pick me up. We went to see Casper, the one with Christina Ricci. During the movie, he told me that he was scared of the dark and asked me to hold his hand. I thought it was cheesy, but I obliged.

After the movie his mom picked us up and we went back to his house for a little while. We kissed in his bedroom. They took me home.

I saw him a few days later and he told me that he had bought me a present. He bought me a "Fatso" doll. He said that was the only one they had left. I don't know where it went.

We broke up a couple of weeks later, but that was only the start of our relationship. We dated off and on for the next 4 years before we got married in 1999.

1 comment:

miika said...

Seems funny that he would be too shy to ask for your number, I always picture Jason as this tall and impressive guy, not a shy kid ;-) Cute story, though!