I have been attending the same church since my Dad and Step-mom got married. I made the decision to join the church on my 18th birthday after finishing the confirmation class. Jason and I were married in my church almost 9 years ago (December 17th). On December 14th he will become a member of the church.
He has talked about it in the past, but he never went through it. I bought him a book a few weeks ago that was written by a Texas high school football coach in the Dallas area. (I also bought a book written by his wife called The Coach's Wife.) They are religious and they are the type of people that show it instead of just preaching it. I didn't read the book I gave Jason, but he read through it quickly which surprised me and when he was done, he told me that after football season he wanted to join our church. I asked him Sunday if he really wanted to do it. I know that it's a decision he has to make for himself and he said yes, so he went and talked to our pastor and they set a date. Tonight he has to go before the Session and tell them that he wants to become a member. I'm so happy for him and for us.
3 comments:
That's great news, Jenn!
I think when a couple goes to the same church it can really strengthen their connection to each other.
Good for you guys!
Stupid question of the week : What does joining a church entail? (When I went to catholic church.. I dont think you needed to join specifically... but I don't know..)
LOL! Sorry, Nancy...from my experience the Catholic Church is one of the strictest as far as requirements to join (classes, retreats, sacraments, etc)
Post a Comment