I meant to blog about this yesterday, but I ran out of time.
I forgot what country living was all about. Yesterday morning I dealt with a scorpion and a mouse all before 7 a.m. The scorpion was in the kitchen when I went to take my pills. I think he was sleeping because he didn't move. I went and woke Jason up and made him kill the scorpion and then he went back to bed. While I was sitting on the couch watching the news and drinking my slim-fast, a mouse ran in front of the door. Again I made Jason get out of bed to look for the mouse, but he couldn't find it. He got ready for work and then left. Haley and I were getting ready to leave and I told her to go turn off the light in her room and she screamed because the mouse ran into her room. I called Jason to tell him that we were going to need to get some traps while I was picking things up off the floor in Haley's room. I screamed into the phone when the mouse ran in front of me. He was little maybe 2 or 3 inches long.
I bought 4 glue traps and 4 regular mouse traps and some peanut butter. We cleaned Haley's floor and found some droppings, so we placed the real trap between her bed and the wall (she has a loft bed, so it wasn't near her) and then 3 of the glue traps in the living room and one by our back door. The poor little mouse was found dead this morning in the real trap. Thank goodness. I think we are going to set another trap just to make sure he didn't have friends.
2 comments:
Ew, Ew, Ew!
We had scorpions in California but I've never had to deal with a mouse!
Ew!! We have plenty of mice around here (Not in my house thankfully, but we had a mice problem in the shed this summer!) But I've never seen a scorpion in my life! And I don't really want to hehe
Post a Comment