Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas!

I was doing good at the beginning of the month, but then I have slacked off on blogging. There really hasn't been much going on.

The only exciting thing is that we are getting a cat. Jason and I have talked about it and I really love having a cat around. We went this past weekend and started pricing the stuff we need to get and I've been searching the local shelter's website and hopefully, this one http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=10789429 will still be there.

There is also a place in Corpus Christi called the Cattery, but they have strict rules on adopting and since we rent, I'm not sure how many problems we will run into. My dad has three cats in his house and there was a cat in our house when we moved in so I know it's not a problem, but the Cattery wants a copy of the Lease agreement (which we don't have one) and they also want proof of a pet deposit (which we don't have either), so I don't know if a letter from my dad saying that we have permission to have a cat will work or not.

Anyway, that is our plan for the coming week and my boss gave me a nice Christmas present that will help pay for this new kitty and all of his stuff.

I hope all of you have a very Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Merry Christmas!! What a beautiful cat!

Amanda said...

I have a soft spot for the orange ones. I haven't met one yet who doesn't have a crazy personality - you'll have a lot of fun with him.
He's adorable!

All crossables crossed that things go smoothly with his adoption. :)

Merry Christmas!

RoseAnn said...

Very cute kitty! I hope all the details fall into place smoothly.

Melissa said...

I hope you get your kitty!!