Friday, December 05, 2008

It's Friday!!!

I'm so glad that it's Friday. This has been a very long week especially since I only worked 2 days last week.

Tomorrow Haley has her first extracurricular activity competition. She tried out for and made the General Math team and the Oral Reading team. She has been practicing for both since October when the teams were announced and now she gets to go and compete against other 2nd graders from our district. I'm so proud of her for stepping out of her comfort zone and trying something very new to her. The private school that she went to didn't have activities like this and I was surprised that she tried things when she didn't know anyone else that was doing it. Now she has more friends from both teams and I'm very happy for her.

Tomorrow night we are going to watch the annual La Posada Parade (the Parade of Lights) with my friend Jennifer and her kids. Then on Sunday is our annual church Christmas pageant. Haley has a few lines, but they haven't practiced as a group, yet. Thankfully, it 's a very simple play this year.

It should be a good weekend. I'm hoping to get our closet cleaned out tomorrow while Haley is gone and then maybe we'll attempt to get to our Christmas tree.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Have a good weekend!!