Thursday, October 13, 2005

It's a boy!

Jason just called and said that his brother's wife is having a boy. This is wonderful news. It means that my father-in-law will lay off of me about having a boy.

Yes, we have a beautiful daughter and my sister-in-law has a daughter and a son, but none of that matters because those three grandkids won't carry on the family name.

My father-in-law has been harrassing me for the past five years that we need to hurry up and have a boy. I'm not ready for another child and especially not a boy.

Jason and I had a long discussion last week before I went to the gynecologist. I told him that I'm not ready for another child. I want a child but not for the right reasons. I want one for all of the attention that comes along with it. I love attention and being pregnant and having a baby brings all kinds of attention, but I'm smart enough to know that that is not the right reason to have a baby. I told him to give me a couple of years and heck even next year I might change my mind, but I know that right now I do not want to be pregnant, so I have a 6 month supply of birth control pills and a prescription for another 11 months after that.

My co-worker doesn't seem to think that this is going to stop my father-in-law from harrassing me because my brother-in-law and his wife live 4 hours away right now and once she has the baby, she'll move to where ever my brother-in-law is stationed. Jason and I live 30 miles away. We'll see.

1 comment:

Hobby Chef said...

Jenn, I can relate. I have about HAD IT with my in-laws asking when we're going to have a baby. This summer we were at a family gathering. My mother-in-law was holding someone's baby and turned to us and said "See how much fun this is, you guys?" I couldn't help myself - I totally snapped at her and said "Maybe you should have another one, then!" I don't think it's anyone's business when we're planning to have kids. Even tho we're TTC right now, this is the reason we chose to keep the news silent!! I feel for you, girl. Stick to your guns!