Why am I starting this? I have no idea, but it seems like everyone is starting one. I'm a follower.
I guess I could let you get to know more about me.I'm 25. I've been married to Jason (26) for almost 6 years. Wow! I can't believe that it's been that long. We have one daughter, Haley, who is almost 5. We live in South Texas where I'm an accountant and Jason is a teacher/coach. Right now my life revolves around his football games.
He's a freshman coach, but he also assists the varisty coaches. So every Thursday and Friday are spent watching football. Don't get me wrong. I really like high school football, but it gets tiring when your weekends have to be scheduled around the games and practices. I just know that things will get worse when football season is over and Jason switches to baseball.
I'm an accountant, well sort of. I passed the CPA exam and was working on my paperwork last week when my supervising CPA realizes that we never created an engagement letter that states that he is supervising me. He then proceeds to call the state board and asks if we can backdate a letter. Of course they tell him no and that we have to create a letter that day and I can apply for my license in a year. A YEAR? You have to be kidding me! I've been working here since 2002 with the understanding that this CPA would be my supervisor, so that when I passed the exam he could vouch for my work experience. Now he screwed up and I have to wait another year to get my license. Thankfully, my boss understands that this was not my fault and I will still be getting a raise at the end of the month. Woo hoo!
The other exciting thing that happened was last week we had a water pipe bust behind our toilet in our apartment. The property manager stopped me on my way up the stairs and said that "there's been a little accident in your apartment." She told me that the water was gushing out my front door and soaked our carpet and the apartment below us. Wouldn't it have been nice if she had called me when it happened? I know that they have to take care of the situation, but it would have been nice to have been told that a bunch of people were in my apartment moving my stuff and ripping out pieces of carpet. We lived with 6 fans running for 24 hours a day for 3 days. It was very noisy in our apartment. Saturday we got new carpet pad and I was able to rearrange the furniture and dust. Of course, Haley proceeded to make a mess in her room.
Okay, I'm done with my first blog and it's time to go home.
No comments:
Post a Comment