Thanks Court for reminding me that I hadn't updated in a few days. :o)
The game was awesome on Friday. We won 55-0 and we have a shot at the playoffs if we win this week. The team and the coaches are pretty optimistic after watching several films. The good thing is that it's an away game and I will be sitting with the varsity wives.
I have never felt as unwanted as I felt on Friday night at a home game. Haley was on the field with the cheerleaders from the very beginning of the game, so I went to my seat. We scored within the first 4 minutes of play and I was on my feet cheering and clapping through the fight song and field goal. No one around me was cheering or doing anything. Sure they clapped when we scored, but that was it. I was still standing waiting for the kick-off and the people behind me starting clearing their throats very loudly. It was clear that they wanted me to sit down. I looked over where the varsity wives were sitting and they were all standing and cheering loudly.
During half-time I went down on the field with the cheerleaders and sat with Haley. As soon as half-time was over, I was back in my seat. Some people left because we were up by so much, so I moved over some, but I continued to stand and cheer.
We only have one more home football game and my sister will be with me, so maybe things will be different if I'm not doing it by myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment