It was such a sad game. There's nothing worse than watching the team fall apart at the hands of the refs.
The team that we played against is supposed to be the best in the district and I guess the refs just didn't see all of the penalties against them. I take that back. With 6 minutes left in the fourth quarter, they finally called holding against them, but they also called facemask against us, so the penalties were offset. The final score was awful and I hope these kids can bounce back and win out the rest of the season. That's their only chance of making it to the playoffs. I think there are 3 games left.
On another note, I did my civic duty yesterday. I drive about 35 miles to work and most of it is on a state highway or farm to market road, so there's not much traffic and not much of anything. I turned off of the state highway on to the other road and I saw cars on the shoulder. I thought they were just pulling over to let faster vehicles pass, but as I got closer, I noticed that these vehicles were stopped. I saw something in the grass and just thought that maybe there was a pack of animals crossing the road. I got even closer and noticed two trucks with their doors wide open and illegals were piling out of it and jumping the fence into a ranch. I called the border patrol to report them. If I had been quicker, I would have taken pictures of the trucks with my phone, but I didn't want to draw attention to myself.
After I dropped Haley off, I did an awful thing. I ran over a cat and I still feel bad about that.
1 comment:
Post a Comment