I realized this last night. I know that it's a lot of money and I should be thankful for what I got. I was expecting more and I guess that's why I'm so upset about it. The increase is only enough to cover the extra gas that I spend to get to and from work. When I told my boss that I would move to wherever Jason's job was and I would get a job in that area, I was told that they would cover my travel expenses for me to continue working here. That seems to have gone out the window.
The only thing is that I could leave and make more at any accounting firm, but I made a committment to stay here because I was promised that it would be worth it. I can't bring it up because I do not want to sound ungrateful for all of the things that they have given me.
I will get over this and life will go on. Hopefully, I'm not disappointed next year.
2 comments:
Hey, hang in there. I totally understand where you are coming from. And maybe it is time for you to move on... I say give it a little while.. see how things are developing, and when you are calm, make the decision for you and your family's future. Chin up... we're here for ya babe!
Aww I'm sorry you weren't happy with your raise.... If you ever feel like you need a good laugh : My raise last year was 200$ a year. Oooh an extra like, dollar a week! pfft. !
Post a Comment